Indecency with a Child Attorney
The criminal charge of indecency with a child carries with it potentially severe penalties. The consequences of a conviction could be a long prison sentence as well as mandatory registration as a sex offender. Your freedom, career and reputation are on the line. It is urgent that you contact an attorney with the experience and skill necessary to defend such a serious and delicate matter. Mario Madrid is a former Judge with the City of Houston and has over 2 decades successfully defending serious sex crimes.
Under Texas Law there are two types of Indecency with a Child criminal charges : indecency with a child by exposure and indecency with a child by contact. These charges can be very complicated and it is essential that you seek legal advice about this type of accusation.
Indecency with a Child by Exposure is charged when:
- A person exposes their genitals or anus in the presence of a child under 17
- A person causes a child under the age of 17 to expose his/her genitals or anus for the purpose of sexual arousal/gratification
Indecency with a Child by Contact is charged when:
- A person touches a child’s anus, breast, or genitals and the child is under 17
- A person touches a child under the age of 17 with his/her anus, genitals, or breast
Penalties for Indecency with a Child
Both charges involved with indecency with a child carry serious penalties and will require you to register as a sex offender if you are convicted. A conviction for Indecency by exposure is a third degree felony offense and results in a 10 year registration as a sex offender.
A conviction for Indecency by contact is a second degree felony offense and results in lifetime registration as a sex offender. These charges can be made separately or you may be charged with both. The range of punishment for these types of cases are:
- 2 – 10 years in prison for Indecency by Exposure
- 2 – 20 years in prison for Indecency by Contact
- Up to a $10,000 fine
- Must register as a sex offender
Call Mario Madrid For A Free Consultation
If you have been accused of indecency with a child, you must contact an experienced and highly skilled Houston Sex Crimes Attorney. Mario Madrid has successfully defended sexuals assault accusations and charges for over 20 years. Call today to schedule a consultation to discuss your case and form a strategy for your defense. Contact Madrid Law at 713-877-9400.