An accusation of a sex crime in Texas, carries the potential of loss employment, loss of reputation, sex offender registration and the possibility of a long prison sentence. It is imperative to understand the charges and possible consequences as well as finding the best legal representation to vigorously defend your rights.
Mario Madrid has been practicing criminal law for over twenty years. He has successfully defended hundreds of people facing sexual assault charges. He knows what to look for in a SANE exam, DNA and other scientific evidence to find the weaknesses in the State’s case. Mr. Madrid can investigate and identify coercion in a statement of a supposed victim. When you freedom is at stake, you must find someone who has proven that he
What Are the Possible Consequences of a Conviction for a Sex Crime?
The Texas Penal Code has a number of possible Sex Crimes that the State can charge an individual:
- 15.031 – Criminal Solicitation of a Minor (Under 17)
- 21.11 (Indecency with a Child),
- 22.011 (Sexual Assault),
- 22.021 (Aggravated Sexual Assault)
- 43.25 (Sexual Performance by Child)
- 20.04 – Aggravated Kidnapping
- 21.07 – Public Lewdness
- 21.08 – Indecent Exposure
- 21.11 – Indecency with a Child (under 17 years of age)
- 21.12 – Improper Relationship between Educator and Student
- 21.15 – Improper Photography or Visual Recording
- 21.011 – Sexual Assault
- 22.021 – Aggravated Sexual Assault
- 25.02 – Prohibited Sexual Conduct
- 43.02 – Prostitution
- 43.03 – Promotion of Prostitution
- 43.04 – Aggravated Promotion of Prostitution
- 43.05 – Compelling Prostitution
- 43.22 – Obscene Display or Distribution
- 43.23 – Obscenity
- 43.24 – Sale, Distribution, or Display of Harmful Material to Minor (Under 18)
- 43.25 – Sexual Performance by a Child
- 43.251 – Employment Harmful to Children
- 43.26 – Possession or Promotion of Child Pornography
These crimes carry the possibility of long prison sentences. Super Aggravated Sexual Assault carries a sentence of a minimum of 25 years to life in prison. Aggravated Sexual assault carries a sentence of 5 years to life in prison. These are just some examples of the severity of punishment for sex crimes. When faced with the possibility of this kind of punishment it is necessary that you have a Houston Sexual Assault Lawyer in your corner defending you aggressively.
Contact an Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer
Any charge of a sex crime is a serious matter that requires the best legal representation possible. If you or someone you care about has been charged with a sex offense in Texas, you need an experienced criminal defense attorney now. Mario Madrid is board-certified in criminal law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He is also a former Judge for the City of Houston and Assistant Criminal District Attorney for the State of Texas. Contact Madrid Law to schedule an initial case review.